What is the Fall 2022 Update?
Thank you for helping us make the first year of the Online Workforce College successful! You have achieved an average 91% completion rate and have shown that this model can be valuable to employers and learning institutions! This is tremendous, especially considering that this was our first official live year!
Even with this success we know that there were many areas that we needed to improve so we are proud to announce our Fall 2022 Update to the Online Workforce College. This post will outline some of the biggest changes and what it will mean for learners and administrators. We hope that these changes will help make the Online Workforce College experience even better. As always, if you run into any problems along the way please don’t hesitate to reach out to us! (Get Support)
General Product Updates
- A brand new catalog & storefront – There is a brand new way to search for, learn about, and enroll in modules. Everything has been re-worked to be more streamlined, easier to navigate, and much more mobile-friendly.
- A new, easier way to check-out – You should find the new checkout procedure easier with fewer emails. We have heard your feedback about confirmation emails being delayed (or never coming). This should fix those issues.
- A new learner dashboard/portal – The new portal has the same functionality as the old, but it has a fresh new design, has better performance, and should be easier to navigate.
For Administrators / Employers
- Bulk Enrollment – You will now have the ability to enroll members of your organization to pathways through various bulk enrollment processes.
- Key Contact & Organization Dashboard / Portal – This has been a long time coming! You can now have a way to monitor and report learner progress from within a single, robust dashboard. You will still be able to see learner badge progress through Badgr (Canvas Credentials).
For Institutional Instructors (Currently Limited to Jones College Instructors due to Canvas LMS restrictions. Future plans will include other institutions.)
- See learner progress from within your course – No longer do students have to share their badges with you. You will now be able to see when students earn their badges by clicking on the “Badges” link in your Canvas course.
This update includes many, many more “under the hood” updates that will improve the overall user experience and make our platform much more robust. These kinds of updates are what you can expect are expecting great things to come in Year 2 and beyond! Thank you for joining with us on this journey as we strive to help equip people with skills and to open new career opportunities!
We are schedule to launch the Fall 2022 update this week so be on the lookout!
Have a wonderful day!
Director of Online Workforce Training